Sunday, September 9, 2012

Casualties of War...

I am a casualty of war. I am the victim of a horrific trauma. I am the entity that lives and breathes within you, suffocating you as I gain strength. Power is derived each time you let me win. I am greedy, I am selfish and I mean to conquer. Your soul is mine.

Have you ever felt this way? That you are fighting a never ending war against an unseen enemy? You don't have time to react, no time to conjure an adequate defense. This enemy is relentless and experienced. It knows when to attack, when you are at your weakest and it is confident of it's success on the battlefield. Against such insurmountable odds, it is hard not to become hopeless.

I don't know what to feel anymore. I don't know what is right. I don't know what is wrong. All I know is I am lost, confused, hurt...

They say follow your heart, it will never steer you wrong. But what do you do, when normal rules don't apply? This is not a "normal" situation. It is an extraordinary situation and I am not an extraordinary person.

I am becoming numb. I don't feel anymore, unless it is a momentary flash of anger, then nothing. I have closed my heart, once again. It is hard to follow something that is caged.

If you love something, set it free...

No comments:

Post a Comment