Friday, July 8, 2011

Ever feel like the potato in a fruit salad????

WTF?? Seriously, wtf? Though I can totally relate to being the one on the outside or the "white elephant" in the room as it is more often referred to. That aside, on to today's topic...Neurosis.

Being one that suffers from being completely Type-A, anal, and overly analytical, neurosis is a part of my mental makeup. I find myself on uneven ground lately and I can not decide if it is intuition, muscle memory or something completely off the wall. Do you ever feel like you are losing yourself within someone else? Does that make any sense at all?

I feel lost, like I need to flee, to find my footing...why is that? Why am I so unnerved? Am I waiting for the other shoe to drop? Am I waiting for the boredom to set in? Waiting for an absolution? Is it me? Is it you? Is it nothing but my over active brain creating drama where there is none?  My instincts are usually not wrong, but then again, my neurosis vs. my instinct is a whole nother story all together.

Do I need to quit thinking? Do I need to step out and gain perspective? Is there perspective to be had? Is there another view that will clarify things for me?

Breathe. Slow down and breathe. Take two steps back and regain your footing. Stand on solid ground and be yourself, everything else will fall into place. Between the pain you are in, the over-loaded schedule, the lack of physical activity (among other things) and missing that final connection; you are over-reacting. Concentrate on you and what you need to do. Be who you are and it will be ok; Good, Bad, or Indifferent, you will survive as you always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment