Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Pain

Suffered in silence or worn on a sleeve for the whole world to see, pain affects each of us in a different way and we each seek our own relief through whatever means possible. For some, it is through words; for others it is through prayer, through chemical dependency, through alcohol, through physical means...whatever numbs or distracts the mind for even a moment, is a welcome moment. Fear of being judged for the means by which we find relief, only adds to the suffering that we endure..for this I offer a thought; It is not for others to judge, it is for you, the bearer of the cross, to release yourself from your private hell. As an individual who suffers daily...I offer this perspective...

Existence in the Midst of Pain
What do you say to a friend you have hurt?
Or to a loved one that goes unloved?
How do you explain your pain?

It does not go unnoticed,
the pain that grows within...
people all around you, in some
way, feel the pain that you
are in.

Your words are cruel and harsh,
they cut too deep, when will this
pain go on and allow you to weep?

Your suffering wells up deep within,
your soul bears the marks of all you
feel and don't mean. Do they really understand
that you love them, even if you only
show them anger?

How does one move past the hurt
that has grown inside, each day
it grows stronger, when is it time?
When is it time for the hurt to die
and the soul to live?

A soul only yearns to be happy
without physical ailments to destroy
all the love that it has had and lost.
Memories are now painful. Even the ones
that are made happily. Am I dying?

I do not know. If I am I do not wish
to suffer and cause the ones around me
to suffer also. Even the ones I do not
know or like, they do not deserve my
anger or my hurt.

Life goes on and so will I,
I only wish I could decide,
whether to laugh or cry.
Because any way you decipher this,
this is no way for a soul to
live, nor for a soul to die.


No comments:

Post a Comment